Qube Cinema Technology is a pioneer in crafting end-to-end digital cinema technology and solutions. Qube Cinema's portfolio of products is powerful, flexible, reliable, cost-effective, and used in every step of the filmmaking and exhibition process. Drawing on decades of experience in the cinema business, Qube provides a seamless digital environment across the industry, from filmmakers and post-production companies to exhibitors with DCI compliant products to moviegoers.
The product you'll help build
Qube XP is a line of server products that power movie theatres worldwide. The XP server stores the movies, play the shows and interacts with various other equipment in the theatre like the audio processor, lighting systems, etc. The servers are built with custom assembled hardware and run highly customized operating systems. The team works across multiple software development paradigms, ranging from front-end web development (React), back-end (Go, C++), OS customization (Yocto) to FPGA.
As a platform engineer, you'll be developing/enhancing the custom (Linux-based) operating system that will power the next generation of Qube's XP line of playback products. You'll be working closely with the (user space) application development team to enable the user application to make changes on the operating system.
What are we looking for?
• 3 to 6 years of experience in embedded/custom Linux development (preferably using Yocto)
• Proficiency in Linux internals (especially systems), BitBake, containerization (like Docker), and bash shell scripting is a must
• Should be familiar with boot sequence, power sequence, and bootloader in Linux systems
• Familiarity with languages like C++, Go, and file systems (preferably ZFS) is a plus.
• Jenkins's knowledge is a plus
• Hands-on experience in software development (analysis, coding, and deployment)
• Love for problem-solving, writing code, and advocating for technical excellence while being open to change when needed
• Good communication skills, both verbal and written
• Should be ready to work from Chennai
What can you look forward to?
• You've most likely watched movies (in theatres) played by Qube servers in India. You'll now get a chance to shape the movie-going experience of millions of others
• You'll get dedicated hours (every sprint) to work on your passion projects
• Flexible work, L&D allowance to suit your style of learning, and many more