Qube Cinema Highlights Qube Wire's Movie Distribution Workflow Features at CineEurope 2018
Published in "dcinematoday.com"
Qube Cinema will showcase multiple new features of Qube Wire at CineEurope 2018. As part of this new distribution workflow, delegates will be able to see new features, which include, broadband and satellite delivery to theatres, Wire Safe™, SMPTE FLM format support and an interesting data visualisation feature, What’s-on-Wire (WOW). Product demonstrations will be available to delegates at Qube Cinema’s booth #706 on the trade show floor. These features highlight a highly flexible and simplified digital cinema distribution workflow.
- Qube Wire Theatre Appliance for broadband and satellite delivery to theatres – The Qube Wire Theatre Appliance is a cloud connected in-theatre system to enable directdigital delivery of DCPs to the cinema. The appliance includes 4 TB of internal storage and can be networked directly to digital cinema servers and TMS systems. Featuring a low profile 1U chassis, the Qube Wire Theatre Appliance works with both satellite and broadband delivery modes.
- Universal Inbox – Qube Wire’s new Universal Inbox provides exhibitors with visibility into the detailed status of all their content and KDMs. The Exhibitor can sign into Qube Wire Cinemas at any time to look at a dashboard with the real-time status of content transfers and all KDMs for their theatres.
- SMPTE FLM-x data feed – In addition to the de facto Facility List Message (FLM) implementation most common throughout the industry, Qube Wire now hosts theatre information in the latest SMPTE format – the Extended FLM data, as recently published in the SMPTE ST430-16-2017 specification document. These FLM-x data feeds are provided free for all exhibitors using the Qube Wire service.
- Wire Safe™ –The Wire Safe™ option gives studios and distributors full control over their critical security elements, including complete physical isolation. The Wire Safe™ HSM units, comprising of a redundant cluster can be hosted on premises, with a cloud provider, or both. QubeWire integrates with DCIP’s Key Vault system and enables the automatic and reliable delivery of keys all the way into the playback system and/or TMS, at locations using Key Vault. Qube Wire has also integrated support for MACCS TDL information.
- What’s on Wire (WOW) – What’s on Wire is a dashboard that allows Qube Wire users to see an interactive view of their content flow in various territories around the globe. This is a real-time view of content delivery status that provides useful at-a-glance information for distributors.
“There is no better platform than CineEurope to demonstrate new technologies in digital cinema,” said Nigel Dennis, Head, European Business Development for Qube Cinema. “We are showcasing new features of Qube Wire that will take movie content distribution to a higher level. The Qube Wire platform is future ready and the service has now expanded to 127 countries in its path to 100% global coverage. Qube Wire is uniquely geared to ease the hassles of theatrical movie distribution and make it an easy and seamless experience.”
The Qube Wire service is now available across 127 countries. The territories where Qube Wire content delivery services are now available includes all major regions of the world including developing and mature markets, from Southeast Asia to Africa to Europe and the Americas. Qube Wire can already deliver content to 95% of theatres worldwide outside of mainland China.
Qube Cinema invites content owners, distributors, exhibitors and film festivals to sign up on Qube Wire and get exclusive offers. Content owners and distributors get US$100 free in their account upon sign up. Exhibitors get free Theatre Appliance(s) upon sign up. And film festivals will receive free technical support and electronic delivery to their event.
About Qube Wire:
Qube Wire is a self-service, single-window system for global theatrical distribution. With a simple but comprehensive user interface, distributors can manage their digital cinema assets, assign territorial rights for their content and have their Digital Cinema Packages (DCPs) and keys (aka Key Delivery Messages or KDMs) delivered to movie theatres across the world. Theatres can manage their own digital cinema device details and access their Universal Inbox on the Qube Wire service as well. To sign up for the Qube Wire service, visit www.qubewire.com